Food4Thought is a commentary on the ethics of eating, food justice and contemporary ideas on food democracy as well as recipes. Did I just say the same thing three different ways?

Monday, November 8, 2010

Raw Chocolate Mint Pie

My interest with this pie is that I love chocolate and this is a way I can enjoy it everyday if I like, and know it's actually GOOD for me!
Here is the pie recipe:
Raw Chocolate Mint Pie
Crust: 1 cup brazil nuts
1 cup shredded coconut
6 dates
blend in the Vita-mix
pour into pie dish and press flat and up the sides on the dish.
Filling: 2 1/2 - 3 avocados - depending on the size
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 raw agave or maple syrup
1/2 teas vanilla extract - I use raw vanilla powder from www.livingtreecommunityfoods.com
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 1/2 Tbs coconut oil
3 dried figs (or 4 dried dates)
Puree in Vita-mix till smooth and pour over the crust and smooth till covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment