Food4Thought is a commentary on the ethics of eating, food justice and contemporary ideas on food democracy as well as recipes. Did I just say the same thing three different ways?

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Taco Rawco Salad

Taco Rawco Salad (I double it)

We recently made this version of a popular Mexican salad in a class I taught. It's light but filling - but then most live food is!

1 ½ cups raw walnuts

1 teaspoon taco seasoning

½ teaspoon coriander

1-2 tablespoons soy sauce (Namu Shoyu or Braggs)

blend in the food processor

A head of lettuce, dried and torn into small pieces

Avocado or guacamole (I bought it Whole Foods) – smooth onto the lettuce

Pumpkin seed oil sprinkled on lettuce and guac

1 ½ cupos chopped tomatoes (I used cherry)

3 grated carrots

crinkle tortilla chips on top and grated raw goat cheddar

1 container mango salsa (or chop your own and add cilantro and red onion)

sprinkle taco rawco on top and toss

No comments:

Post a Comment